The 2021 Season sees the return of the Duckhook Singles Match Play Tournament.
This Season will see a new exciting format once again setting Duckhook Golfers a part from all other Golf Societies. The Tournament will be split into two phases.
Virtual Group Stage
Players drawn into a group will go head to head virtually. If both players are in a Event field, the player earning the most Individual Stableford points on the day will take the win and 3 points on the Group Log.
The Top 4 Teams in the Standings will go through to the Knockout stage starting with the Round of 32.
Knockout Stage – Head to Head
Players will be in the same Fourball and take each other on head to head in traditional Match Play. The winner will progress to the next Knockout Stage.
Why two Phases?
There is not enough time and events to have the Team and Singles Match Play Tournaments both be traditional head to head. While the Team Match play takes place the Singles Match play match ups will be Virtual. Once the Team Group stage is complete players will be freed up to play Singles head to head.
How the Points System will work:
WIN – 3 Points
DRAW/HALVE – 1 Point Each
LOSS – 0 points
Accumulated Individual Stableford Points:
The Top 4 players of each group will progress to the Knockout Stage. If there is a tie the player with the most I.S points will progress.
Knockout Phase – Final
Knockout Phase – Semi Finals
Knockout Phase – Quarter Finals
Knockout Phase – Round of 16
Knockout Phase – Round of 32
- Teams Entering need to make themselves available for the Round Robin Fixtures
Best efforts will be made to play these Pool Matches.
- If both teams can’t play matches it will be a Draw and 1 point each will be allocated
Match Play Format
- The Knockout will be a Match Play format.
- Lowest Handicapped player with move down to Scratch.
- The most Stableford points scored on each hole will determine the winner of the hole.
- The hole must be won outright. If a team gets no points, the other team must make a point to win the hole.
- Players will count for their DHG Handicap, no Gimmies to be given.
Event of a Tie – Group Phase
- Each Team earns 1 point in the event of the Match ending in a Tie after 18 holes.
Event of a Tie – Knockout Phase
- In the event of the Match ending in a Tie after 18 holes, the Duckhook stroke 1 count-back rule will apply.