2019 will see the introduction of a New and Exciting Team Match Play format call the Duckhook Match Play Champions League!
The Team Champions will win a Magnificent 2 Night, 8 man Golf Tour sponsored by Nkonyeni Residential Golf Estate!
Changing from the traditional round by round eliminations, The Champions League will now give Teams 3 Matches. The new format will see 36 Teams divided into 9 Groups of 4 Pools which will see all 4 Teams play each other in a Round Robin Phase.
The Top 2 Teams with the most points will progress to the Round of 16.
The 2019 Season Calendar features 3 additional Events dedicated to the Team Match Play. All Teams will take part in a Match Play only event solely focusing on beating your opponent.
||Pecanwood Golf Estate
||Reading Country Club
||Centurion Golf Estate
Once the Round of 16 has been decided the Match up will be schedule into the Thursday and Sunday League.
||R400-00 (Per Player) Payment secures entry
||R500-00 (Per Player) Payment secures entry
Team K/O: (Points gets allocated to each player/same amount for both players)
|ROUND OF 16 LOSERS
|GROUP STAGE LOSERS
How the Team Knockout will Work
8 Pools of 4 teams
Each Team will play the other 3 Teams in their Pool.
The Top 2 Finishing Teams of every Pool will progress to the Round of 16.
How the Points System will work:
WIN – 3 Points
DRAW/HALVE – 1 Point Each
LOSS – 0 points
This will be calculated by the amount of Holes a Team win by.
Team A 2&1 Team B
Team A receives: +2
Team B receives: -2
Team A 1 Up Team B
Team A receives: +1
Team B receives: -1
1 Bonus Point will be given to a team if they win by 6 or more holes (6&4, 6&5, 7&6 etc.)
In the event the Log is Tied after the Group Phase
the team with the best Points Difference will progress.
||Fairway to Heaven
- Teams Entering need to make themselves available for the Round Robin Fixtures
Best efforts will be made to play these Pool Matches.
- If both teams can’t play matches it will be a Draw and 1 point each will be allocated
Match Play Format
- The Knockout will be a Match Play format.
- Lowest Handicapped player with move down to Scratch.
- The most Stableford points scored on each hole will determine the winner of the hole.
- The hole must be won outright. If a team gets no points, the other team must make a point to win the hole.
- Players will count for their DHG Handicap, no Gimmies to be given.
Event of a Tie – Group Phase
- Each Team earns 1 point in the event of the Match ending in a Tie after 18 holes.
Knockout Phase – Round of 16
- The worse 4 2nd place qualifiers will play off to get secure a spot in the Round of 16.
Event of a Tie – Knockout Phase
- In the event of the Match ending in a Tie after 18 holes, the Duckhook stroke 1 count-back rule will apply.